Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Week 87 - January 9th, 2017

WOW so this week was a little bit unusual! 

This last Monday started out kind of sucking, because we had plans to play soccer and buy stuff in the Center of Valparaiso, BUT it was the first of January and everything was closed! Soooo we just bought stuff in a little market and went back to our sectors to write our families. 

Right when we finished writing our families and friends, in the house of some members, I got a call from my district leader, and he was like, "Elder, we heard that there is like a fire in your sector or something." And I was like, "Nah I dont think so, but I'll go look." And when I looked out the window everything was dark and I walked outside and saw a HUGE pillar of smoke really close to where we were!! I was like oh crap! Hahaha so once we got some pictures we went back to our apartment, covering our mouths because there was a lot of smoke and ash, We went back out and started helping members and other people take there stuff out of their homes until 8 in the night! 

We were in the news if you want to try and look for us hahaha. But that was the big thing that happened this week. Tuesday, all the Elders from my Zone came and we did service where everything was burned. 

Now for the spiritual things: We had one investigator go to church and now Gabriel (his name) has a date for baptism for this next Sunday!!! WOOT WOOT! The other date for baptism is Jose who didn't go to church, but already has like a million asistences. And we have lots of plans to work more with the members sooo make sure to pray a lot for us this week!!!! Thanks for all the support and I hope that you all have a great week. 

OH, before I go I wanted to share something important: If you don't show your love, than you don't have love. Because it's the same as Faith, if we don't do anything with our faith, then its the same as if we don't have faith. Something that the restored church of Jesus Christ should have is love. If you aren't showing your love then I invite you to look for service or that you do your home-teaching. Thanks for everything! HAVE AN EXCELLENT WEEK! CHAO!





No comments:

Post a Comment